Today you will be encouraged by best NY times bestselling author and radio host Dave Ramsey. In his book Financial Peace Revisited he has a great chapter called “Understand the Spiritual Aspects of Money.” I would like to share some great insights from that chapter.
- The spiritual aspect of money you must understand is ‘farming.’ No farmer has ever grown a crop unless he planted some seed. Personal growth requires that you give money away. Somehow giving reminds us that the world doesn’t revolve around us.
- Good things that cannot be calculated or quantified are set in motion in your life and in your finances when you give; I have seen many couples make the turn toward financial peace simply by adhering to this principle.
- You need to plant some seed in self-growth, and you can do this only by giving. I do not totally understand what giving does to the human spirit, but I do know that I meet very few well-balanced, happy, healthy, wealthy people who don’t give money away.
- Giving helps us keep proper priorities in our lives. It is essential to good money management.
- Christians should give tithes to their local church.
He goes on to list references for reasons to tithe: Genesis 14:18-20, Leviticus 27:30, Numbers 18:26, Deuteronomy 14:22, 1 Chronicles 26:20, Malachi 3:7-12, Matthew 23:23, Luke 11:42, Luke 18:12, 1 Corinthians 9:7 and Hebrews 7:8.
Thanks Dave! And thank you for giving and taking this challenge to grow spiritually. I am praying for you.
Tithe Online at http://ridgefellowship.com/#/give
Source: Financial Peace Revisited, Pages 28-30. ages 28-30.