- 76% of Americans are living paycheck to paycheck (CNN Money).
- The average American is spending $1.22 for every dollar they earn (Dave Ramsey) The average American household’s credit card debt is $15,950. (CNN Money)
Is that you? If so, how do you Overcome Financial Chaos?
With a Clear Financial Plan.
Have you ever said, “I just don’t know where all my money goes”?
It’s a warning light that says to you need a financial plan to determine where your money is going instead of wondering where it went. God says that you need to have a financial plan.
“Plan carefully and you will have plenty. If you act too quickly, you will never have enough.” Proverbs 21:5
Do you ever struggle with your kids at the store, because they want to buy everything? I have learned to tell them before I go in, “we are buying ___& ____ and that’s it!’ As parents it’s our job to teach our kids they can’t have everything. Let me ask you, what can stop adults from trying to buy everything? Its like we need someone to slap us on the hand to say, “No! You can’t buy that!” Who does that for adults? I’ll tell you. It’s a spending plan. How do you break the habit of impulsive buying? You have to nip it in the budget! A budget is simply planning your spending.
We are excited to offer the following resources:
- Downloadable Spending Plans(Budgets) to choose from several on this blog, click here
- Financial Peace University: We are excited to announce at The Ridge we are offering Dave Ramsay’s Financial Peace this semester in our Growth Groups! Financial Peace is 9 week DVD format with a work book led by an FPU alumni that will walk you through how to budget, how to get out of debt, how to save, and how to plan for the future. It meets on Tuesday’s at The Ridge in Leander. The class is free but the workbook has a cost. Here are the dates: September 23 30, October 7, 14, 21, 28, November 4, 11, 18
- To sign up for Financial Peace at The Ridge in Leander, click here. Scroll down until you see “Dave Ramsay’s Financial Peace”
- For more information about Dave Ramsay or to purchase group material, click here.
- How to Create a Budget one day seminar (free) led by one of CPA’s.
- It’s on Sunday October 5th, 2014 from 3:00-6:00 PM OR Sunday January 11, 2015 from 3:00 – 6:00 PM at The Ridge in Leander.
- To sign up for “How to Create a Budget” at The Ridge in Leander, click here. Scroll down until you see “How to Create a Budget”
- Improving Personal Financial Management a one day seminar (free) on budgeting and reducing debt led by someone who oversees a multi-million dollar budget for Williamson County.
- Its on Wednesday October 15, 2014 from 7:00- 9:00 PM OR Wednesday November 12, 2014 from 7:00- 9:00 PM at The Ridge in Taylor.
- To sign up for “Improving Personal Financial Management” at The Ridge in Taylor, click here. Scroll down until you see “Improving Personal Financial Management”
I’m excited about this semester’s Growth Groups, especially these that will help people overcome the chaos in their finances!
For more about our Overcomer Series or Fall Growth Groups go to