I put this in human terms because you are weak in your natural selves. Just as you used to offer the parts of your body in slavery to impurity and to ever-increasing wickedness, so now offer them in slavery to righteousness leading to holiness. Romans 6:19
“It’s Not About Just Sex. It’s About Just Sex!”
With most of the popular television sitcoms, series, and late night talk shows coming on after the workday has ended, the prime time audience is growing. It’s almost impossible not to notice the easily accessible, irresistible action and drama centered plots in the television line up. But just as the regular prime time audience is growing, so is the audience that is getting the message of sex on a constant basis.
The most recent statistics show that even children are inundated with sexual content—up to 14,000 times a year on television alone!
Sexual innuendos and sex scenes are available nearly every time you turn on the television, listen to the radio, or search the Internet. Everyone has access to sexual content in today’s technologically advanced world. People all over the globe are tricked by the subtlety of sex and the shallow message the world promotes. Too often they think that message is harmless. But the truth of the matter is that it breeds lust, and lust leads to destruction.
God tells us in Scripture that we are to “flee” from sexual immorality. He doesn’t tell us that we are to nonchalantly look the other way—we are to flee. That means that we are to turn 180° and run
When you choose to flee from lust, you are actually choosing to run directly towards God. Today, choose to offer your mind to things that honor God rather than entertaining thoughts of lust. When you feel the pull of sex outside of marriage, read God’s word, call a trusted friend, or physically walk away from the situation.
By fleeing those times, you’ll discover the amazing plan God has for your life.
Answer The Following
- In view of the blatant ways in which culture talks about sex, how does your life portray the biblical viewpoint?
- We can’t ignore every message our culture sends about sex. How do you keep focused on God’s message despite the numerous distractions?
- Give an example of something that you can literally “flee” from in order to stay committed to God.
- Take time to evaluate the television, music, movies and magazines that are a part of your life. If you discover any of these are pulling you away from God’s plan for your sexuality, make a change and remove them.
- Read the section Before You Do on pages 134-135 of Sexperiment.
To Download the PDF click below:
For more about the Sex series or to sign up for a Sexperiment Growth Group go to www.RidgeFellowship.com