The Retreat will cover the following:
- Top Ten Relational Needs – How to know each other more intimately in order to love each other well.
- Honest and Loving Communication – How to speak truth in a loving manner
- Caring Responses – How to respond when someone is “upset”
- Healing Hurt through Confession and Forgiveness – Experiencing God’s plan for resolving hurt, anger and guilt
- “Leaving Father and Mother” – How the families we came from shape us and how we can respond today
- Ongoing Marriage Enrichment – How to continue to grow and change after the workshop
When: Friday March 2, 7:00 PM through Saturday March 3rd 4:00 PM
Ben and Tonya Terry have been married over 30 years now, raised 3 children of their own; Amanda, Ryan & Shayne and in 2009 adopted two more children Jessica and Taylor.
Ben & Tonja have had the privilege of being trained & certified as Relationship Coaches by one of the world’s finest marriage champions, Dr. David Ferguson. In addition to being the founder and executive director of Intimate Life Ministries, Dr. Ferguson is the founder of The Center for Relational Care and the Center for Relational Leadership, all headquartered in Austin, Texas
Ben is also a certified Marriage Mentor & Program facilitator of Life Innovations’ Prepare-Enrich Marriage Program, as well as a certified facilitator of New Hope Resources’ Great Start Marriage Program.
For more information see their website: http://www.greatmarriage.co/#/about-us
Where: Highland Lakes Camp and Conference Center
The natural beauty of our 240-acres lining the shores of Lake Travis helps create an atmosphere that encourages reflection and relaxation, renewal and refreshment.
*Note: Highland Lakes Camp and Conference Center is a rustic, but comfortable and affordable get away as opposed to a luxurious resort.
Food: breakfast & lunch are included in the retreat cost
For more about HLCC go to their web site: http://www.highlandlakescamp.org/459948.ihtml
Directions to Highland Lakes Camp and Conference Center
Click HERE to be directed to a map and directions from MapQuest. Or follow the suggested directions listed below.
Go West R.R. 620 to Highway 71 West.
Turn right. Continue through Bee Cave approximately 12 miles.
Highway 71 T-intersects with F.M. 2322 at a full stop light. (Landmarks at this intersection include a Chevron station and Security State Bank). Turn here and head North. Continue 5 miles to Pace Bend Park guard booth. Tell them you are going to Highland Lakes and continue straight on the main road. Highland Lakes’ entrance will be 3.5 miles into the park on the left.
Session 1: 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm Marital Intimacy: How Are We Doing?
Session 2: 8:00 pm – 9:00 pm What Do We Need From Each Other?
Breakfast 8:00 am – 8:45 am
Session 3: 9:00 am – 10:00 am What Is Filling My Emotional Cup?
Session 4: 10:00 am – 11:00 am Healing Our Hurts
Session 5: 11:00 am – 12:00 pm Studying Your Family Tree
Lunch 12:00 pm – 12:45 pm
Session 6: 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm Caring About the Losses of Life
Session 7: 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm The Games We Play
Session 8: 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm Becoming Friends & Lovers
The Marriage Retreat provides practical, Christ-centered principles for truly “knowing” and loving your spouse, allowing them to better “know” you and how to love you, with hands-on exercises and examples of how to become caringly involved in each other’s lives.
Cost: $149/per couple.
Space is limited, to secure your spot a $49 deposit is due by Februay 17th.
- On Sunday, Cash, Credit Card or Check -Make checks payable to The Ridge – put “Marriage Retreat” on memo line or by cash or credit card using an offering envelope.
- Or mail your check payable to The Ridge – put “Marriage Retreat” on memo line to 8754 RR 2243, Leander TX, 78641 by February 17th.
3. Pay online – put “marriage retreat” where it says, ” Add Special Instructions to Seller
Here is a link to our online giving: www.RidgeFellowship.com/onlinegiving
For any other questions, just comment at the bottom of this post and I will get back to you.
Or go to our website www.RidgeFellowship.com
Thanks for investing in your marriage!
Click here for more information about meeting times and materials: http://www.ridgefellowship.com/#/growth-groups/interest-groups
Click here to sign up: http://www.ridgefellowship.com/form.php?pageID=48